Shopfitting allows you to design your retail space to suit your needs. The objectives of shopfitting are to improve your brand image, increase sales and increase customer comfort. If you wish to learn more about shopfitting, below are some useful tips.
1. Consult an Experienced Contractor
A lot is at stake as you shop fit your retail space. As such, you should not experiment or make it a DIY project. Although you spend an extra cost once you hire a contractor, you will enjoy the benefits of professional work. When hiring a shopfitting contractor, assess their portfolio to gauge their quality of work. Besides, contact some of their clients to know how they relate with their customers. Finally, check their availability, terms, and pricing.
2. Put Together Your Shopfitting Design
Below are some essential elements of your shopfitting design:
- Check the lease agreement to establish what kind of renovations are restricted on the premises. For example, you could be prohibited from installing a canopy at your shop front.
- Think about the functionality of your space. For example, do you need a customer lounge or a sales counter? Every aspect of the improvement should serve a specific purpose.
- Shopfitting should enhance customer sales by improving product visibility. Therefore, you should incorporate display areas to woo customers into buying a specific product.
- Use lighting to improve the appeal of your shop. For instance, you could have ambient lighting to set the atmosphere and accent lighting to highlight specific products.
- Consider essential amenities such as a washroom in your store.
- If possible, have the company logo at a strategic place. It ensures customers associate every product with your brand. Besides, you could paint the walls using your brand colours.
3. Consider Project Management
Timing is a critical consideration when conducting a shopfitting project. Typically, you should decide when to conduct the project and the amount of time it takes to complete the project. An ideal time to execute the works is during the low season when there is minimal customer flow. It is a sure way to prevent business interruption. The project should take the least possible time. However, it is not to say that the contractor should compromise on quality. Ideally, they should inspect your space to determine the required works. It enables them to set a time frame. Your contractor should give guarantees if they are confident in the services they offer.